London Dial-a-Ride is a free door-to-door public transport service for passengers with mobility impairments who find it hard to use public transport. You can use Dial-A-Ride for leisure, visiting relatives and friends or shopping. Please not Dial-A-Ride cannot be used to attend hospital appointments or travel to work.
You are automatically eligible for membership of Dial-a-Ride if you are:
- a current member of Taxicard
- in receipt of Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- in receipt of standard or enhanced Mobility Rate of the PIP
- registered blind or partially sighted
- aged 85 or over
- in receipt of Higher Rate Attendance Allowance
- in receipt of a War Pension Mobility Supplement
You can still apply to use the service if your impairment affects your mobility and you have issues with using public transport. You will need to describe how your mobility problems affect your travel and send written proof provided by a healthcare professional.
If you wish to apply, you need to fill out the application form found on TfL’s website. Please also check the TfL website for to find out about updates or service disruptions.
For more information:
Tel: 0343 222 7777
Last updated: March 2021