We work at three levels:
- 1. Our information helps provide, or signposts to, details of how to plan and make a journey, how to apply for a concession, how to challenge discrimination and how to complain if things go wrong.
- 2. Our casework service helps with concessionary pass applications and appeals, and with making a complaint or escalating transport-related issues.
- 3. Our campaign resources help you bring public awareness to your case or campaign, and we can signpost to sources of legal support.
What we can help with
Here are some examples of things we can help with:
- Journey planning
- Signposting to expert organisations
- Support with concessionary travel applications
- Making appeals if an application is turned down
- Making a complaint about problems you are facing while travelling (such as being refused access to a bus, or no support at a railway station)
- Advice about your rights when travelling
- Escalating customer service complaints and obtaining compensation
What we can't help with
Currently we're not able to help with the following:
- Legal issues, including the provision of legal advice as we are not legally trained, but we will signpost to legal advice wherever possible
- Taking on individual campaigns, such as campaigns to make a particular station step-free. However, we are always here to offer advice and guidance with creating your own campaign!
- Advice on benefit schemes which are not directly tied to transport and concession provision (for example we’re only able to advise on the Mobility component of the PIP benefit)
- Providing transport services
How to get in touch
Freephone: 0800 368 6102 (then press 1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Open: 10am-5pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Find out more about your rights as a disabled person using transport or streets in the UK.
Disabled people make an average of 30% fewer journeys every year than non-disabled people – that’s the transport accessibility gap (Motability). Read more about the barriers we face.
Transport concession schemes
Find out more about the various transport concessions there are, what you may be eligible for and how to apply.