Transport for All (TfA) and Inclusion London (IL) are working together on an exciting and ambitious 12 month programme of Disability Equality Training for Uber partner drivers across the UK.
This programme of training has been developed by TfA and IL to provide Uber partner-drivers with a good overview of core disability equality issues with the aim of enabling them to provide a better experience for Disabled customers of Uber.
We are therefore looking to recruit a UK network of 25 dynamic and experienced Disabled trainers to deliver our 12 month DET programme to Uber partner-drivers in the following cities:
London, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle, Merseyside, Leeds, Brighton, Portsmouth, Southampton, Cardiff, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Sheffield, Nottingham, Cambridge, Bristol, Belfast, Leicester, Stoke.
We expect to be delivering up to 34 training days per month across the 19 cities listed.
You will be delivering our tried and tested 3hr Disability Equality Training course and will deliver two 3 hr sessions per training day. The course covers core Disability Equality issues, including the social model of disability, language and meeting key access needs, as well as ‘top tips’ on how to provide excellent and inclusive customer service to Disabled Uber customers from across different impairment groups.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit trainers who can demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Lived experience as a Disabled person
- Knowledge of Disability equality issues, including the social model of disability and the barriers that exclude Disabled people from across different impairment groups
- Knowledge of wider equalities and intersectional issues, and how Disability equality fits within this wider context
- A proven track record in delivering Disability Equality Training that is engaging, accessible and makes a difference
- A training style that is confident, engaging, open and accessible
- Experience of using a variety of training methods and approaches
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to confidently manage demanding group dynamics
Our trainers will be paid a flat rate of £400 per day inclusive of all costs (including travel expenses). This daily fee will be to deliver 2 training sessions (am and pm), both lasting 3 hrs.
Our trainers will be supported by a Project Manager who will organise and co-ordinate monthly training schedules with Uber, and arrange all set up and training materials requirements.
Successful candidates will be given full induction training on the DET programme to be delivered.
If you would like to join Transport for All and Inclusion London on this innovative new venture, please send us by midday 20 June 2018:
1) Your CV (including 2 references)
- How you are the trainer we are looking for! (Please detail how you have the skills, knowledge and experience we have listed above)
- The cities/regions you are happy to work in (bearing in mind travel costs are included in daily rate)
Please send your submission to email@example.com, quoting Reference UBER-TFA
We will short-list and hold interviews in each region between 26 June and 13 July 2018. Successful candidates will then receive a thorough induction in the training course in July/August 2018. The UK-wide training programme begins September 2018.
Any questions? If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Jacky Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text 07904 101 342.